Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
Once you become a CFI , you can take your love of flying and teach the next round of pilots!
Here are the prerequisites needed before you begin your training.
- Have logged at least 250 hours total time
- Hold a Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating.
- Hold a valid FAA 3rd Class Medical Certificate (or higher).
Overview of the process
To Become a CFI two FAA knowledge test are required.
- (FOI) Fundamentals of Instruction, the FOI consists of 50 Questions.
You are allotted 1.5 Hours to complete.
- FAA Flight Instructor knowledge test, this test consist of 100 Questions.
You are allotted 2.5 Hours to complete.